Monday 18 July 2011

Confidently Niche Yourself tip 1

As a regular presenter and speaker, I have found that we all have had a problem niching ourselves properly at some point in our business lives. I made the same mistake seven years ago when I started my coaching business but thankfully wised up to the power of niching pretty quickly.

There have been several occasions when a business owner has defended their position of being everything to everybody and then looking at me as if I must be mad to turn away potential business.

Niching is a marketing tool and it does not stop us from accepting other customers but helps us to target our market and speak their language. It is the easiest and cheapest way to differentiate ourselves and gain expert status in our field.

However it does require research, and not the assumption that our target marget needs what we have to offer, just because we think it's so brilliant!

The primary fear that prevents people from choosing a niche is worry that they will be missing out on clients outside their chosen area. So let me ask you this... How is that working out for you so far?

Niche tip number One is to pick your absolute passion. Work will seem like fun and procrastination disappears easily from your day!

I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment