Friday 12 August 2011

How to Prioritise your Projects

This morning I hosted a breakfast coaching session for members of my mastermind group.
Over coffee and bacon buttes, we discussed our coaching businesses and how we prioritise all the different projects within them.
Many of my clients outside of this have problems with marketing because their message is not clear. This can be down to lack of niching but also can be attributed to the various processes that are used to deliver the service or product.

One of the members shared a way of looking at how to measure priorities and I really loved it.

It is represented by the following criteria:

Time it will take
Energy it will use
Resources it will need,including eqipment, IT, people etc
Cost of time and implementation
Passion for the project

The above criteria needs to determine:

ROI
Future Business
Personal growth
Lifestyle

I don't know about you but I rarely write down the above factors when thinking about a new project, rather I am driven by the passion aspect and then cost. Time it will take is often not planned out as I get carried away with the whole 'I am going to love this'!

Coaches especially have so many business models to choose from and often try to embrace more than one. However it is important to align everything to your brand and niche and ensure each project can be sustained in terms of the criteria above.

Hope this is useful. Please feel free to share your ideas in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment